April 6, 2015
- Past Events
- Upcoming Events
- Upcoming Meetings
- New Members
- Any additional items from club members?
The John Palmer talk was a great success. Attendance was a little more than expected at about 110 people. JP’s talk was long and detailed and folks had a good time. We raised approximately $2500 for the club after an initial investment of $1000.
- April 11 Hops into Spring Beer and Burger Fest benefitting St. Jude’s
- We have six brewers for this new event.
- April 18 4-7 pm Memphis Brewfest at Autozone
- We have 10 brewers. Nathan has posted the names of the brewers and what they are bringing on the group calendar.
- May 2 9am-1pm Home Brew Day at Boscos’
- Nathan has posted the names of the brewers on the group calendar.
- Also, Ben Pugh is hosting a Home Brew day at Rock’n Dough in Jackson with Derek Colby helping out.
- May 9 3-7pm Wiseacre 2nd Annual Taste the Rarity http://wiseacrebrew.com/taste-the-rarity/
- June 6 5-8pm 2nd Annual Brewville @ DeNeuville Homebrew Competition. Beer, food and music for a good cause.
- July 3 Stars and Stripes 5K
We have four brewers signed up for this event and are seeking more. There is a $50 reimbursement for each batch that you brew. For the brewers that have signed up for this you can bring more than one batch if you’d like. There will be food provided and the event ran very smoothly last year and was a lot of fun – including fireworks.
May – no meeting
June – Presentation by Clark – back to basics in beer making, informal tasting of beers made at Home Brew Day
July – Judging Cream Ale
August – ?
We need presentation ideas and volunteers.