March 2, 2015
- Presentation by Joe Barnes
- Past Events
- Upcoming Events
- Upcoming Meetings
- 3 Tier for TN Beer
- AHA Conference
- Group Calendar
- Any additional items from club members?
Saisons Presentation by Joe Barnes
- MS Brew Movement at the Pink Palace
- March 28 1-4pm John Palmer talk at Memphis Made Brewery
Tickets are available through Eventbrite. So far, 49 tickets have been sold; the goal is to reach 100. This event is designed to bring club members together so please show your support.
- April 11 Hops into Spring Beer and Burger Fest benefitting St. Jude’s
We have two brewers for this new event and need more. It’s ok to bring 2-3 gallons of beer.
- April 28 4-7 pm Autozone
We have 10 brewers. Nathan will post the names of the brewers and what they are bringing.
- May 2 9am-1pm Home Brew Day at Boscos (possibly)
Great day for novice and experienced brewers alike to brew together. Commitment to brew for this event will require a nominal deposit, as Adam needs to know how much starter and yeast to prepare.
- May 9 3-7pm Wiseacre 2nd Annual Taste the Rarity http://wiseacrebrew.com/taste-the-rarity/
- June 6 2nd Annual Brewville @ DeNeuville Homebrew Competition
- July 3 Stars and Stripes 5K
We have 3 brewers for this new event and need 2-3 more. There is a $50. reimbursement.
- April – Judging Saisons
- May – ?
- June – ?
- July – judging beer
We need presentation ideas and volunteers.
What should be the style of beer for our next group judging session?
3 Tier for TN Beer
Club members recommend Beer Wars the movie http://beerwarsmovie.com/ and Bitter Brew by William Knoedelseder for background information on this subject.
Speak with Jason if you are interested.
There is a lot of interest in a group calendar that posts who is brewing and what for each event, and can include reminders of when to brew, and who is doing a group home brew day.
There has been some discussion of moving away from first come first served for brewing for the big events, for example cooper Young, and moving towards a lottery system if there is a lot of interest.
National Homebrew Competition first round of judging is in Nashville on March 20-22. Crisitan is going and is looking for a partner.
Welcome to our new member Diego Sanchez and Meghan Mead!